Try one of these this week for Pete’s sake!!!
1. Turn your phone off – yes completely off! For one hour or more. See how it feels.
2. Write down a list of ten things you’re grateful for. I heard something beautiful and sad recently about somebody who lost their mother. She said she used to get so annoyed about her mother’s incomprehensible text messages but when she was gone, she said she would give anything to get one of those messages now.
3. Give somebody a hug, high 5, pat on the back. Or during these testing times a kind nod or smile.
4. Play your favourite song and dance like nobody is watching – hopefully they aren’t
5. Dedicate 20-minutes to your favourite hobby.
6. Go for a ten-minute walk at lunch time and pay attention to the world around you – trees, buildings, parks, people.
7. Tell a joke. Did you hear the one about butter? I can’t tell you, you’ll only spread it.
Thank me later!
8. Organise a tea/coffee/walk with a friend you haven’t seen in a while.
9. Send a thank you email to a valued colleague of yours who makes your work life easier/nicer.
10. Remember somebody who you love and who is gone. Play back some fond memories and give gratitude for those cherished moments. Remember this person would want you to live your life to the full in the present and that you can carry their values in your heart and actions.
Happy Wednesday y’all!
Dec “Act Yourself Happier” Treanor