Here is Claire’s email to me which reveals her top tips:
START OF MAIL:
So as discussed here are a few bullet points for my health and fitness plan recently.
Why this plan?
- Firstly, I really enjoy our sessions, look forward to them and get a lot out of them. Ideally I’d come more than twice a week.
- Since my husband Ant started his new job, I need to get back straight from work, feed and walk our dog Ruby and then cook dinner every day (except Monday when she just has to wait) so time is of the essence during the week.
- I want to make sure my enthusiasm for fitness and healthy eating doesn’t ‘interfere’ (not the right term but you know what i mean) too much with my relationship with Ant and that we have lots of time doing things together rather than me focusing on just that.
- I want it to be a lifestyle and not just a diet or healthy plan for a while – i need to know i can have some crisps and wine at the weekend and a bowl of pasta and it doesn’t rock the boat too much.
- At the same time i’m loving all the new outfits i can fit into and that makes me get up at 6.30 in the cold and dark and run!
- Finally, things really don’t work as well as they used to since the radio/chemo and so i need to make sure i’m getting the right foods in me to avoid discomfort and pain and to mentally reassure myself that i’m doing everything i can to make sure the cancer doesn’t come back.
So what am I doing?
- Obviously your sessions are educational and have given me exercises I can easily repeat on my own in the gym (or at home or in a hotel room)
- Walking to and from work (1 hour every day) – easy 8000 steps already done.
Walking Ruby 2 times a day for 30 mins to 1 hour and every weekend doing a lovely long walk with Ant & Ruby in the woods for minimum 1h30
- Getting up early 1-2 / week to run before work for 30 mins and then it’s done and my evenings are free to be with Ruby and Ant
- Throwing in more sessions at the weekend when I have more time
as I’m in competition with friends on Fitbit (the Fitbit has been a real game changer for me)
- Using the Unlock Your Potential Whatsapp group interaction to share success stories – great motivation!
- Meat free day at least once per week
- Alcohol free at least 4-5 days per week
- Food prep at weekends so I’m on the right track when I have less time during the week
All this to say I never thought I’d be at my fittest in my forties!! 💪 and it feels great!
Thanks for all your support helping me set and achieve my goals. It means a lot.
END OF MAIL
Want similar results?
vvv Get in touch vvv
All of Claire’s positivity, enthusiasm and effort made the difference between fitting and not quite fitting in THAT outfit as you see above 💪💪 Thanks for inspiring us Claire 😊